NOTABLE FEATURES OF ECO-FRIENDLY PROMOTIONAL OBJECTS
To distinguish them from traditional promotional products, we identify at least one of the following features in promotional items commonly called “eco”:
- can replace disposable products, allowing them a long time usage. This kind of objects creates a lifestyle aware of the limited resources and the need to conserve them.
Examples: a reusable can, a shower water flow controlling system, individual bags for separate waste collection.
- products made from recycled or recyclable raw material in as much as possible. The use of such materials will significantly diminish the impact on the environment.
Examples: recycled/recyclable plastic pen, recycled carton jigsaw, the reusable carton can.
- products made of non-toxic (hazardous) materials. This kind of eco promotional items will emphasize the increased attention of brands to the health and safety of their customers.
Examples: BPA-free plastic (Bisphenol A), lead-free metals, ecological paints, ecological leather (organic-treated natural leather).
- promotional products from materials obtained from sustainably managed sources or facilitating the use of renewable energy sources
Examples: FSC certified wood or wood products (Forest Stewardship Council forest certification), solar panel chargers, products made of natural materials (bamboo, cotton, jute), products made in factories driven by sustainability strategies.
THE BENEFITS OF CHOOSING ECO-FRIENDLY PROMOTIONAL PRODUCTS
- a positive image of the brand
- a close relationship with customers, increasing their attachment to the brand
- encouraging the decrease of the environmental footprint of companies producing promotional products
- promoting sustainable behavior and raising public awareness on environmental issues