Now it`s time for our long awaited vacation! We wish you joyful holidays and a prosperous new year! And because we are in the middle of culinary preparations, we recommend you to try this tasteful cookies recipe [thanks to www.rotinrice.com:
PREP TIME: 30 min
COOK TIME: 20 min
1 + 3/4 cups (260g) all-purpose flour
1/4 cup (35g) rice flour
2 sticks (80oz/226g) salted butter, softened
1/2 cup (65g) powdered sugar (icing sugar)
1. Prepare one 3-inch round cookie stamp and one 3-inch round cookie cutter. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Combine all-purpose flour and rice flour in a medium sized bowl.
3. In a large bowl, cream butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Sift in flour mixture. Blend with pastry blender until dough comes together. Wrap in plastic and chill for 15 minutes.
5. Place dough on a large piece of parchment paper. Roll out dough to about 1/4 inch thick.
6. Dust cookie stamp with flour and press onto dough. Remove cookie stamp. Place cookie cutter over stamped dough and cut out stamped cookie.
7. With a flat edge spatula, lift cookie onto prepared baking tray. Repeat until all dough is used up. You may need to roll out remaining dough 2 or 3 times.
8. Bake in a 180 degrees Celsius oven for 20 minutes or until edges are lightly brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Happy holidays !